Saturday, September 24, 2016

Today's Favorite Verse: D&C 127:1

Today's Favorite Verse: Doctrine & Covenants 127:1
"Forasmuch as the Lord has revealed unto me that my enemies, both in Missouri and this State, were again in the pursuit of me; and inasmuch as they pursue me without a cause, and have not the least shadow or coloring of justice or right on their side in the getting up of their prosecutions against me; and inasmuch as their pretensions are all founded in falsehood of the blackest dye, I have thought it expedient and wisdom in me to leave the place for a short season, for my own safety and the safety of this people. I would say to all those with whom I have business, that I have left my affairs with agents and clerks who will transact all business in a prompt and proper manner, and will see that all my debts are canceled in due time, by turning out property, or otherwise, as the case may require, or as the circumstances may admit of. When I learn that the storm is fully blown over, then I will return to you again."

I could not help but as I read this to think of what is happening in various cities in our nation. Safety and peace has been taken from us. One never knows where troubles may begin. I had only said to my family within the last 24 hours that if riots happened here, over some perceived offense or crimes, I would leave my home until it blew over. I would not stay as things burned around me. My home does not mean that much to me. I have so much to get prepared to be able to do that. Even just the storms we have had in the past couple days has reminded me again of wanting to digitize my life and have everything stored on an external hard drive. I could leave and have the most important records with me, my genealogy. I am so very tired tonight having run around all day doing good things and learning much. I can tell the Lord is trying to tell me something and I'm trying to put it together like a big jigsaw puzzle. There is no panic or stress over things. I know things will fall into place, line upon line, as I work each piece that is handed to me. We live in the most interesting and puzzling of times. I know like the Prophet Joseph Smith, if I remain faithful and listen to the council of the prophet, the spirit will be my guide in all things that are needful.


Day 546


No comments:

Post a Comment