Wednesday, September 14, 2016

Today's Favorite Verse: D&C 117:2-3

Today's Favorite Verse: Doctrine & Covenants 117:2-3
"Let them awake, and arise, and come forth, and not tarry, for I, the Lord, command it.
Therefore, if they tarry it shall not be well with them."

This revelation was received July 8, 1838. The Lord was speaking to William Marks and Newel K. Whitney. Telling them to settle up their business speedily and before he sends again the snows upon the earth. They were to leave Kirtland and go to Zion. What struck me is how they were told not only what to do and given sufficient time to be done, but if they didn't follow this command it would not be well with them. It made me think of impressions I have had and the blessings I have received when I follow them. Then when I didn't follow those impression things did not go well for me. It is always better to do as the Lord tells you. To rely on the Lord means putting my faith in his timing. He knows far better than I what is best.

I have a matter I am working on right now. I know what I need to do and I am working on this every day. I don't have a deadline, but I know I cannot tarry over this. I don't feel I need to panic or do more than I am able. The Lord knows the timing and if I am diligent there will be time and enough to spare and all will go well. I am amazed how the ways are opening up and how inspiration is coming along the way. 


Day 536

No comments:

Post a Comment