Friday, September 30, 2016

Today's Favorite Verse: D&C 133:53, 62

Today's Favorite Verse: Doctrine & Covenants 133:53, 62
"In all their afflictions he was afflicted. And the angel of his presence saved them; and in his love, and in his pity, he redeemed them, and bore them, and carried them all the days of old;
And unto him that repenteth and sanctifieth himself before the Lord shall be given eternal life.

Amazing chapter giving more concerning the Savior's Second Coming. As I read I could see these events in my mind. In this verse I could see the Savior in Gethsemane and how he experienced my every affliction. He took not only my sin, but all my grief and pain upon him there. I marveled that He even knows what it felt like to have my tooth pulled today. He truly does know me. How much greater I need to know him. I could see the angel that came and comforted Him in Gethsemane as he suffered for my pain. How many times have angels comforted me I wonder? I am sure far more times that I am even aware. How many times has he carried me? Every day of my life that I have let him. I pray I will let him carry me the rest of my days on this earth. For in his arms is where I want to stay. 

Day 552


No comments:

Post a Comment