Friday, September 23, 2016

Today's Favorite Verse: D&C 126:1

Today's Favorite Verse: Doctrine & Covenants 126:1
"Dear and well-beloved brother, Brigham Young, verily thus saith the Lord unto you: My servant Brigham, it is no more required at your hand to leave your family as in times past, for your offering is acceptable to me."

This took place July 9, 1841 when Brigham Young was President of the Quorum of the Twelve Apostles. In times past he had served missions aboard proclaiming the gospel. Now that he has been found worthy of the Lord, in being faithful in doing the Father's will, he is told that offering is acceptable. You can now stay home and care for your family. I don't think Brigham had any idea what was to come. That he would be called to lead the church, following the martyrdom of Joseph and Hyrum Smith. For now he was needed in Nauvoo. He needed the opportunity to be next to the prophet to learn from him. This was a period of preparation. I thought how interesting it is when I have periods of peace in my life,  I am actually being given the opportunity to learn, in preparation for what is to come. Maybe that's why the Lord encourages us to always be learning. It makes us ready for what is to come.


Day 545


No comments:

Post a Comment