Thursday, September 22, 2016

Today's Favorite Verse: D&C 125:3

Today's Favorite Verse: Doctrine & Covenants 125:3
"Let them build up a city unto my name upon the land opposite the city of Nauvoo, and let the name of Zarahemla be named upon it."

Zarahemla was an ancient capital city of the Nephites in the Book of Mormon. The Lord said land opposite from the Nauvoo temple was to be given this same name. This would be across the Mississippi and into Iowa. I remember over a year ago, maybe two, hearing about Wayne May, a member of the LDS Church and publisher of the Ancient American Magazine having found what looked like a ancient temple site on the land the prophet was told to call Zarahemla. Could that be the real Zarahemla?  I know they secured the purchase of that land and were going to begin archaeological excavation of the site.  If it proved to be THE Zarahemla temple site it would be one of the biggest archaeologic finds in history. I have no idea how that project is going and any outcomes they are seeing. 

What I sat and pondered on was how it really doesn't matter to me the outcome. I already know the Book of Mormon is true. That the Prophet Joseph Smith did indeed translate it from ancient records. What bares witness to me of this fact is the Spirit, not any physical evidence. Confirmation by the Spirit is all I need.  


Day 544


For those that are curious you can follow this link for information on the Zarahemla, Iowa Archeological Excavation.



No comments:

Post a Comment