Monday, September 12, 2016

Today's Favorite Verse: D&C 115:6

Today's Favorite Verse: Doctrine & Covenants 115:6
"And that the gathering together upon the land of Zion, and upon her stakes, may be for a defense, and for a refuge from the storm, and from wrath when it shall be poured out without mixture upon the whole earth."

This verse made me think of the preppers I have seen that are looking for safe places to be when hard times come. They are stock piling food and guns, trying to stand totally independent. I realized how foolish that was, because no place will be safe, only Zion and her stakes. It made me think of meeting twice a year with my stake for conference. Not everyone in the stake comes, simply because they feel it's a day off from church. Myself, I feel it's one of the best days for church. The talks are so amazing, and I am feed spiritually. Being feed spiritually strengthens me and helps build my defense from the troubles of the world. I feel I can rest and there is safety among the saints. Even as a child I loved it when we traveled an hour to our stake conferences. Coming home from stake conference I just felt different, there was a renewal. I also feel that same way when LDS General Conference happens twice a year. This time of year is even more special to me, for I sit at the feet of the prophet and the apostles and feast upon their words. What more can I ask for? I just had to sit and think how blessed I am for the Stakes of Zion and how one of the gathering places is just down my road. 


Day 534

No comments:

Post a Comment