Saturday, September 10, 2016

Today's Favorite Verse: D&C 113: 1-2

Today's Favorite Verse: Doctrine & Covenants 113: 1-2
Who is the Stem of Jesse spoken of in the 1st, 2d, 3d, 4th, and 5th verses of the 11th chapter of Isaiah?
Verily thus saith the Lord: It is Christ."

The section headers says "Answers to certain questions on the writings of Isaiah, given by Joseph Smith the Prophet, at or near Far West, Missouri, March 1828."

As I read this chapter there were various questions on the 11th chapter of Isaiah. I actually wondered "How is this not like people playing with the ouija board or doing a seance, trying to get answers to questions?" I actually felt bad wondering that. I knew this wasn't anything like that, but my mind still had to ponder it. As I went back to these verses I realized here was the answer. The difference is these answers testified of Christ. If the source of the information was Satan they would never testify of Christ. It would be counter to what Satan is capable of doing. It testifies that the true source of the information was from Christ himself. I find it so interesting sometime what questions the spirit puts into my mind to ponder on. The questions given me by the spirit always come with the answer if pondered on it. I'm sure Joseph Smith had been given through the spirit the questions he needed to ask in this chapter too.


Day 532

No comments:

Post a Comment