Monday, September 5, 2016

Today's Favorite Verse: D&C 108:7

Today's Favorite Verse: Doctrine & Covenants 108:7
"Therefore, strengthen your brethren in all your conversation, in all your prayers, in all your exhortations, and in all your doings.

The chapter header says "This section was received at the request of Lyman Sherman, who had previously been ordained a seventy and who had come to the Prophet with a request for a revelation to make known his duty."

I had to think how cool is that to just go ask the Prophet to request a revelation so you could know your duty. It's not like I could go do that right now. There would not be enough hours in the day for the prophet to do that for everyone. Then as I read this I see what he was told applies to me too. In fact as I read the scriptures I know my duty more fully. I have long felt I don't need a calling in the church to simply serve the Lord. Of course, I would never take over another person's calling because there is order in things. I just mean service can and should be offered wherever I see a need. I think it even greater qualifies for being unseen and not doing things for the praise of man. Then greater blessings can come. 




Day 527

No comments:

Post a Comment