Saturday, September 3, 2016

Today's Favorite Verse: D&C 106:4-5

Today's Favorite Verse: Doctrine & Covenants 106:4-5
"And again, verily I say unto you, the coming of the Lord draweth nigh, and it overtaketh the world as a thief in the night - 
Therefore, gird up your loins, that you may be the children of light, and that day shall not overtake you as a thief."

Gird up your loins, in other words get to work, prepare for battle. I sat and pondered on how as I serve the Lord the spirit speaks to me. I learn far more studying and reading with a purpose to share, then just for my own edification. I think that would be the same way the children of light would not be surprised at the Lord's coming. They would know the signs and make preparations, even when they don't know all the reasons why. That is because the spirit instructs them.

I know locking myself away and reading all the materials on the last days and viewing all the YouTube videos on it, won't get me very far. In fact I would probably just become down right weird. But, serving the Lord with full purpose of heart, learning of him and sharing the gospel opens the windows of heaven. The light needed to know what the scriptures says will come in their hour of need. This is my faith, because I know this is the course I am told to take. Forsake man's learning, and get to work, only in the service of my God. 


Day 525

No comments:

Post a Comment