Sunday, September 4, 2016

Today's Favorite Verse: D&C 107:18-20

Today's Favorite Verse: Doctrine & Covenants 107:18-20
"The power and authority of the higher, of Melchizedek Priesthood, is to hold the keys of all the spiritual blessings of the church - 
To have the privilege of receiving the mysteries of the kingdom of heaven, to have the heavens opened unto them, to commune with the general assembly and church of the Firstborn, and to enjoy the communion and presence of God the Father, and Jesus the mediator of the new covenant.
The power and authority of the lesser, or Aaronic Priesthood, is to hold the keys of the ministering of angels, and to administer in outward ordinances, the letter of the gospel, the baptism of repentance for the remission of sins, agreeable to the covenants and commandments."

I just had to ponder on how blessed I am to live at this time. The priesthood is restored and the heavens are open once again. This whole chapter speaks of the order of the Priesthood, their duties and responsibilities. I am so grateful for the Lord's direction in this matter. There is no confusion. The blessings of the priesthood keys on the earth are unspeakable.

This chapter even speaks of Adam and the gathering three years before his death in the valley of Adam-ondi-Ahman. Where he gave his last blessing, and being full of the Holy Ghost, predicted whatsoever should befall his posterity unto the latest generation. This was written in the book of Enoch. Now that is a book I would love to read someday. Probably best when I'm on the other side of the veil. I wonder if I actually have read it? The city of Enoch was translated and taken up to God. I wonder if I saw them there before I came to earth? Funny how the mind can wonder about things as you ponder on the beauty of the gospel plan and all that has been and is yet to be. You know what, I wouldn't live in any other time. The blessings of this day are just so great. I also like the fact I don't know every little detail of what is going to happen in the future. I love having faith that it will all work out for my good in the end, if I keep walking with Christ.

Day 526

No comments:

Post a Comment