Tuesday, September 13, 2016

Today's Favorite Verse: D&C 116:1

Today's Favorite Verse: Doctrine & Covenants 116:1
"Spring Hill is named by the Lord Adam-ondi-Ahman, because, said he, it is the place where Adam shall come to visit his people, or the Ancient of Days shall sit, as spoken of by Daniel the prophet."

This is the only verse in the chapter. I just sat and pondered on what it would be like to be in Adam-ondi-Ahman when Adam returns. I had to listen to the hymn "Adam-ondi-Ahman" which was sung at the Kirtland Temple Dedication, as I pondered. All I succeeded in doing was becoming incredibly homesick. I'm not for sure on what, but that is all I can describe it as. The only time I've even been homesick is when I was visiting my daughter in California and missed going to the temple three weeks in a row. I wasn't homesick for my family back in Utah, I talked to them everyday and did scriptures with them over the phone. I was homesick for the House of the Lord. I finally had to simply go to the temple to get better. Funny thing is today I was at the temple, it was a lovely session. So I have no idea what has made me homesick pondering on Adam-ondi-Ahman. Maybe it just made me homesick for heaven. I know in my near-death experience I came to understand how Adam could be called the Ancient of Days. Maybe things are to close to the surface in this verse and song.


Day 535


No comments:

Post a Comment