Friday, September 9, 2016

Today's Favorite Verse: D&C 112:20, 24-26

Today's Favorite Verse: Doctrine & Covenants 112:20, 24-26
"Whosoever receiveth my word receiveth me, and whosoever receiveth me, receiveth those, the First Presidency, whom I have sent, who I have made counselors for my name's sake unto you.
Behold, vengeance cometh speedily upon the inhabitants of the earth, a day of wrath, a day of burning, a day of desolation, of weeping, of mourning, and of lamentation; and as a whirlwind it shall come upon all the face of the earth, saith the Lord.
And upon my house shall it begin, and from my house shall it go forth, saith the Lord;
First among those among you, saith the Lord, who have professed to know my name and have not known me, and have blasphemed against me in the midst of my house, saith the Lord."

As I read this chapter I could not stop from thinking about those that have stood up during LDS General Conference, multiple times, and apposed the sustaining of the Prophet, First Presidency and Twelve Apostles. How can one say they are a member of Christ's Church yet appose those He has chosen to lead it? Anytime we speak out in opposition to them, we break our covenants. Serious reflection needs to be made on where one stands. Asking myself if I were taking up residence in the great and spacious building would be a very good start. Before the earth is cleansed the Lord will cleanse from within, his own church. Would He feel any need to cleanse me from it? Right now if I felt any need to censor the prophet or apostles I would be shaking in my boots. They would not wrong, it would only be me. In rejecting them, I would be rejecting the Lord himself.


Day 531

No comments:

Post a Comment