Sunday, September 11, 2016

Today's Favorite Verse: D&C 114:2

Today's Favorite Verse: Doctrine & Covenants 114:2
"For verily thus saith the Lord, that inasmuch as there are those among you who deny my name, others shall be planted in their stead and receive their bishopric. Amen."

If there is ever anything to keep me humble about a calling it is this. If I don't serve in a manner pleasing to the Lord I can simply be replaced. The Lord's work will not be frustrated and there are always others to be blessed. I am reminded of this every time I enter and leave the temple. I see people coming and going at will. As I leave there are people coming to take my place in serving there. Yes, I was needed, but if I don't chose to serve someone else will come and receive those blessings from that service. The only one that suffers is me.


Day 533

No comments:

Post a Comment