Tuesday, September 10, 2019

Today's Favorite Verse: Romans 6:5

Today's Favorite Verse: Romans 6:5
"For it we have been planted together in the likeness of his death, we shall be also in the likeness of his resurrection:"

This was a new thought to ponder on. Paul is speaking about the symbolism of Christ burial and resurrection in baptism. We are buried unto the death of our sins, and rise to the resurrection after. So after baptism we should walk in the likeness of the Savior. As Paul called it "walk in a newness of life." It reminded me of sometimes while in the temple I often stop and say to myself. "This is real". This isn't going through any motions, these promises and blessings are real and there is real meaning to everything I do.

While I take the sacrament I again remind myself of how real this ordinance is and the power of the gift of the spirit to always be with me, that it is real. I wish I could find the words to describe what I mean by having to stop and tell myself this is real. I know it stems from my near-death experience. When afterward I would walk around the house with both feet still planted on either side of the veil. I would say over and over to myself "I almost died". Then what would follow is this overwhelming thought about how real this life and the next life really is. Sometimes I just get so wrapped up in living that I forget how real the other side is. It's like I have to wake myself up to where I really am. 

Now I have one more thing to think about, and that is my baptism when I was only eight years old. It was real, and has meaning and purpose and wasn't just an act. I think it would be a very good thing to ponder on what it represented during the sacrament. For there is so much meaning there.   



Day 1625

No comments:

Post a Comment