Monday, September 23, 2019

Today's Favorite Verse: 1 Corinthians 3:16-17

Today's Favorite Verse: 1 Corinthians 3:16-17
"Know ye not that ye are the temple of God, and that the Spirit of God dwelleth in you?
If any man defile the temple of God, him shall God destroy; for the temple of God is holy, which temple ye are."

There are many ways one can defile the body.

Defile = GR spoil, corrupt, deprave.
TG Cleanliness; Filthiness; Holy Ghost, loss of; Pollution; Sacrilege; Uncleanness; Word of Wisdom.

Whatever it is that makes the Holy Ghost unable to reside with me, then that will defile the body. It makes me think of a PG movie I've been looking forward to and has just been released. I really want to see it. After watching the previews I have been debating within myself on watching it. The problem is there's one part that I morally cannot support, and can't sit through. It used to be I could pretty much tell by the rating if it was something I could watch. Not any more, because the standards of morality are so different in society now. By going to the movie I would just be supporting the movie industry in lowering our standards. At least that is what my argument has been. Financial support of what I shouldn't be supporting.

Now, as I read these verses I realize the issue isn't about me supporting the movie industry in immorality. It's about me watching immorality. The spirit would be gone at that point and I can't put myself in that position. If the spirit would be gone then I shouldn't be there either. Already knowing the spirit won't be there makes me not want to be there. I guess I have just solved the moral dilemma I've been having with myself over this. Once again I found the answer to my problem within the scriptures. 



Day 1638

No comments:

Post a Comment