Monday, September 16, 2019

Today's Favorite Verse: Romans 12:10

Today's Favorite Verse: Romans 12:10
"Be kindly affectioned one to another with brotherly love; in honour preferring one another;"

I have someone that is hard to love with ease. It is a struggle. Today as I was helping and listening to them in my mind came a story, and with it I knew the key to working with them. It was to treat them as a person going through a difficult time, not a person that was trying to be difficult. It was amazing to see how my heart softened towards them, and I could feel genuine love and patience towards them. If I could just remember this always, things would be much better.

I tried really hard to find that story but it escapes me now. I know it was an apostle speaking on advise he was given when first called. He was told that as he visited with others, if he treated them as someone going through a difficult time, that the majority of the time he would be right.


Day 1631

No comments:

Post a Comment