Friday, September 6, 2019

Today's Favorite Verse: Romans 2:1

Today's Favorite Verse: Romans 2:1
"Therefore thou art inexcusable, O man, whosoever thou art that judgest: for wherein thou judgest another, thou condemnest thyself; for thou that judgest doest the same things."

At first I thought of the saying that when you point a finger at someone there are three fingers pointing right back at you. Meaning what you see in another is often the very thing you have an issue with. You know their sins because they are your own. Then as I was pondering on this I realized it was also talking about something else. In reality when I judge someone else, even when it's true, I have condemned them. They need mercy just as much as I do. We are all sinners and have much to be forgiven for. We all need the gift of repentance in our lives.

These thoughts made me remember a scripture that struck me so powerfully.

"And the Spirit of the Lord fell upon me, and said unto me, Speak; Thus saith the Lord; Thus have ye said, O house of Israel: for I know the things that come into your mind, every one of them."
(Ezekiel 11:5)

With that verse I had pondered on how powerful my thoughts are and now they can condemn me. How I really needed to control them and even be careful what I judge and say to myself about others. The root of where sins often begins is by the thoughts that I entertain in my mind. If I could just control what I entertain inside my head angels would be my associates. From those holy thoughts I knew this would be lifelong goal to achieve, but such a worthy one.

"Let virtue garnish thy thoughts unceasingly; then shall thy confidence was strong in the presence of God."
(Doctrine and Covenants 121:45)



Day 1621

No comments:

Post a Comment