Tuesday, September 24, 2019

Today's Favorite Verse: 1 Corinthians 4:20

Today's Favorite Verse: 1 Corinthians 4:20
"For the kingdom of God is not in word, but in power."

What is this power?  These scriptures references go with that footnote.

"For the preaching of the cross is to them that perish foolishness; but unto us which are saved it is the power of God."
(1 Corinthians 1:18)

"Behold, I, Jesus Christ, your Lord and you God, and your Redeemer, by the power of my Spirit have spoken it. Amen."
(Doctrine and Covenants 18:47)

"And the Spirit shall be given unto you by the prayer of faith; and if ye receive not the Spirit ye shall not teach."
(Doctrine and Covenants 42:14)

The power is the spirit that teaches. For words will just sounds like words, and not show the power of the atonement of Jesus Christ to save and His doctrine otherwise. I think when I teach Sunday School I spend far more time in preparation to have the spirit to be with me, than to know everything about the subject I am to teach. Even now the time I spend reading and pondering the scriptures, though not the scriptures I will teach, are what my soul needs to be feed in order to have the spirit always to be with me. If I have the spirit with me then I have the power to teach His words.



Day 1639

No comments:

Post a Comment