Friday, June 7, 2019

Today's Favorite Verse: Matthew 28:7, 9

Today's Favorite Verse: Matthew 28:7, 9
"And go quickly, and tell his disciples that he is risen from the dead; and, behold, he goeth before you into Galilee; there shall ye see him: lo, I have told you.
And as they went to tell his disciples, behold, Jesus met them, saying, All hail. And they came and held him by the feet, and worshipped him."

I went back and read the other accounts of Jesus resurrection and appearances and this is the only account I could find of the women running to tell the disciplines and meeting Jesus along the way. They are mentioned in Luke's account by not that they met him.

Mary Magdalene saw the resurrected Lord first, early in the morning. She was told "Touch men not; for I am not yet ascended to my Father." It was later at sunrise the other women came to the sepulchre and found the angels there. They were instructed to tell his disciples he was risen. Obediently running along the way they meet the resurrected Lord. They held his feet and worshiped him. It was all the same day so there is a small period of time been early in the morning to sunrise. I find it interesting one was told not to touch him and others could. How much time passed between the two events? How much time did Jesus need to ascend to his Father?

After reading and pondering on the accounts I realized it all really doesn't matter to me. It is interesting, it would be good to have the complete account, but in the long run I'm fine with not understanding what exactly happened. I just know it did happen. What I wondered is what would I have done when I met Jesus along the way? I can picture many things and it all reminds of that song "I Can Only Imagine". I had to go listen to that.



Day 1532

No comments:

Post a Comment