Thursday, June 27, 2019

Today's Favorite Verse: Luke 4:18

Today's Favorite Verse: Luke 4:18
"The Spirit of the Lord is upon me, because he hath anointed me to preach the gospel to the poor; he hath sent me to heal the brokenhearted, to preach deliverance to the captives, and recovering of sight to the blind, to set at liberty them that are bruised,"

When I was a child my favorite song was "Tell Me the Stories of Jesus". I sang it with my heart and in my mind I pictured "scenes by the wayside, and tales of the sea". I loved my Savior from the start. As I read this chapter I pictured each of these events. How I would have loved to sit in the synagogue that day as Jesus said these words to the people. Would I have accepted Him? Even if I only knew him as Joseph's son up to that point? I hope I would have known he was Christ. I sat the remainder of my study time watching bible videos in particular "Jesus Declares He is the Messiah", and I imagined I was there.

When he said the words "Verily I say unto you, No prophet is accepted in his own country." I was reminded that today is the 175th anniversary of the martyrdom of Joseph Smith, the prophet of this last dispensation, who died along with his brother Hyrum Smith. If I could accept Joseph Smith as a prophet of God, and Russell M. Nelson as His living prophet today. Then I know I would have accepted Jesus Christ, even when others did not.

Jesus Declares He Is the Messiah

Praise to the Man (The Prophet Joseph Smith)


Day 1552

No comments:

Post a Comment