Friday, June 14, 2019

Today's Favorite Verse: Mark 7:6-7

Today's Favorite Verse: Mark 7:6-7
"He answered and said unto them, Well hath Esaias prophesied of you hypocrites, as it is written, This people honoureth me with their lips, but their heart is far from me.
Howbeit in vain do they worship me, teaching for doctrines the commandments of men."

So interesting. Right before I read my scriptures tonight I was watching a news channel investigative video on a preacher of another faith. He absolutely mirrored an example of this verse. What shocked me was the twisting of scriptures to justify his accumulation of wealth. He even said the bible was full of the promises of wealth, and the blessing of Abraham was wealth. Nothing of covenants and eternal life, the end reward was money. I usually don't watch such things, but I was amazed at hearing his words for he was very slick and beguiling and full of flattery.

In fact at the end he grabbed the report's hands and said he wanted to pray for her. He's being all flowery and even mentions how it thrilled him, to have his face on their show. He ends in this adoration of himself and never closed the prayer in the name of Jesus Christ. Truly what god was he praying to? His were empty hollow words, echoing "this people honoureth me with their lips, but their heart is far from me." 

What I pondered on after hearing him was how dangerous a false prophet like him would be for people that do not read the scriptures. For man's doctrine and commandments would be pleasing to the carnal mind, and not to the ears of faith. They teach my will be done and not the Father's. The prophesy of Isaiah and of Jesus Christ are flourishing among us today.



Day 1539

No comments:

Post a Comment