Saturday, June 8, 2019

Today's Favorite Verse: Mark 1:35

Today's Favorite Verse: Mark 1:35
"And in the morning rising up a great while before day, he went out, and departed into a solitary place, and there prayed."

First, I noticed in this verse my question from yesterday on time. How long was it between Mary Magdalene seeing the resurrected Lord, early in the morning and told not to touch him, and the later at sunrise when the other women could? It was a great while. It made me think of how many great lessons I am taught by the spirit in the early morning hours around 3:00 am. I could now picture Mary Magdalene going to the tomb around then. She needed time alone with her thoughts, having the example Jesus set before her.

I love to sit alone in the house, like right now, before anyone else is awake, and read and ponder the scriptures. It's such a sacred time alone for me. If Jesus being holy needed a solitary place to pray, how much more so do I? This is how I fill the oil in my lamp. This is how I come to know God. There is no other way, nor short cut. Once you seek it, and obtain it, you wouldn't want it any other way.



Day 1533

No comments:

Post a Comment