Monday, June 10, 2019

Today's Favorite Verse: Mark 3:11-12

Today's Favorite Verse: Mark 3:11-12
"And unclean spirits, when they saw him, fell down before him, and cried, saying, Thou art the Son of God.
And he straitly charged them that they should not make him known."

I pondered on why Jesus multiple times charges the unclean spirits to not make him known. Why was there a problem with them testifying who he was? I believe its because for them to testify of Christ, it would give license to "seducing spirits and doctrines of devils". (1 Tim 4:1) For Satan and his followers will always twist and manipulate. They can give 99% truth, but it's the 1% lie that casts doubts and destroys faith. Jesus knew to not even give them voice, because that is all they are capable of doing. For Satan will never cast out Satan, their purpose wasn't to testify of Christ but to be accusers of Him.

The Pharisees were already watching Christ so they might accuse and destroy him (Mark 3:2, 6). The Scribes already said he had a devil and that was why he cast out devils. The last thing Jesus needed was devils to actually "testify" of who he was. 

As I pondered on this I realized the purpose of the telling was not so much he didn't want to be made known. It was he didn't want to be made known by them. The greater lesson is how I need to take the same approach. When Satan's lies abound I need to not allow it voice. It needs to stop and not be entertained. There is no working with devils or reasoning with them. As I learned from my near-death experience, Satan knows me. That means he absolutely knows what 1% lie to say to me that will make me shake and tremble, or destroy me with pride. I cannot entertain him, no matter now enticing it is to hear 99% truth. Seriously, did they not try to tempt by acknowledging who Christ was? Christ's actions are seriously warning to us.

"Behold, verily I say unto you, that there are many spirits which are false spirits which have gone forth in the earth, deceiving the world."
(Doctrine and Covenants 50:2)



Day 1535

No comments:

Post a Comment