Tuesday, June 11, 2019

Today's Favorite Verse: Mark 4:7, 18-19

Today's Favorite Verse: Mark 4:7, 18-19
"And some fell among thorns, and the thorns grew up, and choked it, and it yielded no fruit.
And these are they which are sown among thorns; such as hear the word,
And the cares of this world, and the deceitfulness of riches, and the lusts of other things entering in, choke the word, and it becometh unfruitful."

The Savior spoke in parables and I just love how they have application to many situations I have gone through. Just today I realize I am seeing this parable happen. Once very elect people I love, have fallen among thorns and I grieve for them. I think there are always thorns around us, it's when we are not mindful and let them build up that they over take us. It takes a lot of work and care.

Sunday, when we were coming home from church I happened to glance at the fence between my neighbors house and ours. The houses are so close on that side that we didn't want to put the new fence on the property line. Having a fence like that makes it hard for both of use to do any maintenance. Instead we put the fence up so it's connecting our homes, until it opens into the backyard where we separated them. We then installed a gate to access that area for maintenance.

I happened to see green under the gate on Sunday. I asked my husband to check because we don't want wild rose bushes popping up in that area again. Instead what he found were weeds. Really big weeds. In fact one was blocking the gate so it wouldn't open all the way. If not caught in time we wouldn't be able to access that area to maintain it. Thinking about the seeds among the thorns I think that is how they can overtake us. If not mindful or through neglect, thorns can grow up to blocking the gate leading to exaltation. It will take a tremendous amounts of effort to clear the way to the covenant path.

We have to maintain the ground we are planted on. We have to cast out the weeds when they first begin to grow. We can never let a tiny plant deceive us, thinking it good and letting it grow, when its really a monster weed inside. This is what I see happening to the people I know, but how do you make them see evil when they are calling it good? I can't, but I can pray that the spirit helps me find the right words to say when the time is right. But more importantly, I can be vigilant at keeping my own weeds down.



Day 1536

No comments:

Post a Comment