Wednesday, June 12, 2019

Today's Favorite Verse: Mark 5:5, 9

Today's Favorite Verse: Mark 5:5, 9
"And always, night and day, he was in the mountains, and in the tombs, crying, and cutting himself with stones.
And he said asked him, What is thy name? And he answered, saying, My name is Legion: for we are many."

This was a man possessed by legions of devils. What stood out to me is that he was cutting himself with stones. I hear of people now cutting themselves. Might not be a popular things to say, but could this be an indication of demon possession? I read it often in the New Testament where Jesus is casting out unclean spirits, but it isn't discussed right now. I would think that some stories I read in the news that demon possession could account for a lot of their actions. No one in their right mind would do what they do.

The beautiful things about this story is Jesus had compassion on the man and cast the legion of devils out. He was found sitting, clothed and in his right mind. He could then publish it about what Jesus had done, and all men marveled. It makes me wonder how many people could be helped if they only turned to the power of the priesthood.



Day 1537

No comments:

Post a Comment