Thursday, June 20, 2019

Today's Favorite Verse: Mark 13:22

Today's Favorite Verse: Mark 13:22
"For false Christs and false prophets shall rise, and shall shew signs and wonders, to seduce, if it were possible, even the elect."

This whole chapter I could write so much on every single verse. I could study it for days and ponder on it for months. There is so much Jesus warned his apostles of, and me. I picked this verse today because it is the sorrow of my heart and greatest concern. Why is that? because I was seduced.

I was working for a company and to get my foot in the door I had to do sales. I hate sales. I get physically ill doing sales. I have no natural gift for it. I was going through my sales training and there was just me and one other girl, and the trainer. When training concluded I expressed how nervous I was about taking sales calls. They both said "It's easy, you just need to practice the law of attraction." I had never heard of it, didn't know what it was. They explained it to me and tied it to biblical things like the law of the harvest, gratitude, and faith. All very good gospel centered things. These women were faithful latter-day saints and I thought they knew more than me. I had never heard of this, and figured it must be in the old testament somewhere, because I hadn't read it very much. 

I listened to them, I bought the book "The Secret". Instead of listening to the scriptures, as I had just committed to, I listened to the tapes. I kept my book of gratitude and reviewed it. I faithfully practiced the things it told me to do. Then the most amazing thing happened. Brand new onto the sales floor I had great success in my sales. I could sit and just will those calls that would turn into sales right to me. I even won a beautiful medal for my sales. It was amazing. It was a miracle, and its principle worked in other things.

One day, while picking up my missionary son from his assignment I played one of those tapes in the car. He said "Mom, there is something wrong with that. It doesn't sound right can you turn it off?"  I tried explaining the principles behind it to him and how biblical it was. He said "Mom, I think you need to look this up." So in order to prove my point when I got home I researched it. I found no where in the scriptures does it mention the law of attraction. So, then I searched the entire lds.org website and still nothing there. Next, I turned to the internet and what I found made my heart ill. This was not only false doctrine it was an occult practice. Most of what I found on the internet over 10 years ago is now either buried or has vanished. I know it because I tried to find it recently to help someone. Now I am sickened to see how many Christians, including latter-day saints are polluted with this deception of the adversary. Not only do they practice it, they sell it to others not realizing it's a priestcraft. Do I know that Satan can make signs and wonders happen? The answer is a resounding Yes! And you do not want to be obligated to him.

I am both horrified on how I was deceived, and yet grateful for what I learned from the experience. For God names his laws and he is clear on what they are. It's important to read, study and ponder the scriptures and not depend on anyone else's borrowed light. That is just an invitation to be deceived. If you have to take the doctrine of men and mingle it with scriptures and name it your own, it's a priestcraft. Run away from it! Satan also repackages his materials. He's moved on with "The Power of I AM", and "The Law of Creation", and to be a god. I find it interesting that he's now trying to get others to take on the role he once attempted to do to the Father and the Son. This is serious stuff because it all leads to my will be done, and not God's. That is the key feature in how he deceives. Christ would not be warning the elect about this, if it were not true, and I know that it is. 


Day 1545

No comments:

Post a Comment