Monday, November 12, 2018

Today's Favorite Verse: Jeremiah 5:3

Today's Favorite Verse: Jeremiah 5:3
"O Lord, are not thine eyes upon the truth? thou hast stricken them, but they have not grieved; thou hast consumed them, but they have refused to receive correction: they have made their faces harder than a rock; they have refused to return."

This made me think of a video I saw the other day. Basically, it was the first time after a devastating event that I heard a person say with so much anger "Don't say I'm in your thoughts and prayers." It offended them, the very suggestion that such a thing would help them. To them those words had no meaning. Then I saw that same day the news media mocking people that say they are praying for anyone. I was just dumbstruck that people were so spiritually debased now to be offended by prayer. The very thing they need they are angry and mock now. It was really chilling to me, more so than the terrible event they had been through.



Day 1325


No comments:

Post a Comment