Sunday, November 18, 2018

Today's Favorite Verse: Jeremiah 11:12

Today's Favorite Verse: Jeremiah 11:12
"Then shall the cities of Judah and inhabitants of Jerusalem go, and cry unto the gods unto whom they offer incense: but they shall not save them at all in the time of their trouble."

As I pondered on this I thought of some ways I see people going after other gods. One thing I realized is that we don't always see how we have gotten off course. It's so easy to be deceived. In fact it's really easy to get involved in priestcraft, when packaged just right it becomes acceptable. The other way is to say this is my churchy self and this is my world self. When they don't fit as a whole it's the wrong course. Over time when the crisis comes we look to the other god, not knowing we have been seeking the wrong one. Then we wonder why God didn't save us or answer our prayers. The difference is there is no peace, even when the answer is no or just wait. How do I prevent this? I think the answer is spending more time reading and pondering the word of God, than man's interpretation of it. Especially if those individuals are profiting financially in any way.



Day 1331

No comments:

Post a Comment