Sunday, November 4, 2018

Today's Favorite Verse: Isaiah 63:13

Today's Favorite Verse: Isaiah 63:13
"That led them through the deep, as an horse in the wilderness, that they should not stumble?"

This chapter speaks of the Saviors second coming and who will endure it. I loved this verse for I think it is the key. I had a dream a couple years ago that answered my question on what broken meant.

"In the middle of the night I was woken up hearing the word "Broken" clearly spoken to my mind. The though immediately came to me that when a horse is broken it becomes tamed. I knew it was an answer to a little gospel question I had pondered off an on. How does one have a broken heart and a contrite spirit? Now I knew that to be broken meant to become tamed. I pictured then a beautiful horse with a rider galloping in unison together. The rider taking the reins was the Savior and he guided that horse where it needed to go. It could even go into battle and avoid all the traps that lay ahead of them.

I understood then that to be tamed meant I let the Savior have control of the reins. That my life would be beautiful no matter what lies ahead of me. He would always be with me. I had much to ponder on how horses are broken, and what better service they can render when they are tamed. It was a beautiful personal parable.

Maybe to others that is such a simple thing, but to me it had deep meaning. My spirit yearned to understand the things of God. I wasn't obsessed over wanting to understand it, I just knew some day when I was ready it would come. God works in his own way. Even if the answer comes in the middle of the night with a single word."

This experience changed me. I have since tried to let the Lord take the reins and I can only say the ride has been amazing. I stand in awe of the Master rider. He knows the way around the dangers and trials I have faced with a percussion and timing beyond my comprehension. Seeing further ahead then I ever thought possible. I will let him remain in control.

In context of the Savior's second coming. I know if I have a broken heart and contrite spirit I will be prepared to meet Him.



Day 1317

No comments:

Post a Comment