Saturday, November 3, 2018

Today's Favorite Verse: Isaiah 62:12

Today's Favorite Verse: Isaiah 62:12
"And they shall call them, The holy people, The redeemed of the Lord: and thou shalt be called, Sought out, A city not forsaken."

This verse reminded me of an experience I had while listening to 2 Nephi 14:3 (referencing Isaiah 4:3) and was struck on being called holy.

"And it shall come to pass, they that are left in Zion and remain in Jerusalem shall be called holy, every one that is written among the living in Jerusalem - "

If I think of the word "holy" it would fit with being called a saint. As in how people mock saying if you call yourself a saint you would think yourself holier than thou. I think it is part of Isaiah's prophecy that we need to be called Latter-day Saints. Those that won't call themselves that would have left Zion.

This name reference is part of the shifting of the saints. Who will take upon them the name of Christ and be one of his saints, becoming holy. I can understand how serious President Nelson feels about the name of the church and how we refer to ourselves. It will have a strong meaning in the days ahead. For it is exactly what we need to be. I know I took pause the first time I referred to myself as a latter-day saint. I need to raise the bar and actually become one.



Day 1316

No comments:

Post a Comment