Friday, November 30, 2018

Today's Favorite Verse: Jeremiah 23:26-27, 32

Today's Favorite Verse: Jeremiah 23:26-27, 32
"How long shall this be in the heart of the prophets that prophesy lies? yea, they are prophets of the deceit of their own heart;
Which think to cause my people to forget my name by their dreams which they tell every man to his neighbor, as their fathers have forgotten my name from Baal.
Behold, I am against them that prophesy false dreams, saith the Lord, and do tell them, and cause my people to err by their lies, and by their lightness; yet I sent them not, nor commanded them: therefore they shall not profit this people at all, saith the Lord."

This made me think of people that have been publishing their dreams and have lead members astray. The people then go into a panic and sell what they have and buy preparedness items based on the dream of another person. It is unwise and foolish and not how the Lord works. I am so grateful I was told by the spirit years ago to study the scriptures and not other people's words about the scriptures. I have also stayed away from discussions on the last days. I have every confidence that following the living prophet of the Lord, and with the holy scriptures as my guide, I will be directed by the spirit on what is needful, when it is needful, and not be led astray.



Day 1343

No comments:

Post a Comment