Friday, November 2, 2018

Today's Favorite Verse: Isaiah 61:3

Today's Favorite Verse: Isaiah 61:3
"To appoint unto them that mourn in Zion, to give unto them beauty for ashes, the oil of joy for mourning, the garment of praise for the spirit of heaviness; that they might be called trees of righteousness, the planting of the Lord, that he might be glorified."

I cannot read the phrase "beauty for ashes" and not think of the devastating fire that destroyed the beloved historic Provo Tabernacle, and how we mourned. Then it raised from the ashes as a magnificent House of the Lord. Truly it was beauty for ashes. I have from that event looked at my trials differently. As painful as they have been I would not change any of it, for the beauty they have added to the fabric of my life. Like the tabernacle that is now a temple, my life has more purpose having lost and been healed. The Lord never takes away without giving more in return. I have been planted in a most beautiful part of his vineyard, for it's exactly where He knows I should be.



Day 1315

No comments:

Post a Comment