Tuesday, November 6, 2018

Today's Favorite Verse: Isaiah 65:24

Today's Favorite Verse: Isaiah 65:24
"And it shall come to pass, that before they call, I will answer; and while they are yet speaking, I will hear."

I remember thinking "Why do I pray for something if it is the Father's will to do it or not?" The thought all but made me want to cease praying, for what was the purpose? What I ask for and what happens doesn't really seem to matter. Then I happened to read in the Book of Mormon how Nephi was given the sealing power.

"Blessed art thou, Nephi, for those things which thou hast done; for I have beheld how thou hast with unwearyingness declared the word, which I have given unto thee, unto this people. And thou hast not feared them, and hast not sought thine own life, but hast sought my will, and to keep my commandments.
And now, because thou has done this with such unwearyingness, behold, I will bless thee forever; and I will make thee mighty in word and in deed, in faith and in works; yea, even that all things shall be done unto thee according to thy word, for thou shalt not ask that which is contrary to my will."
(Helaman 10:4-5)

As I pondered on this I realized Nephi was given the sealing power because he would not ask for anything that was contrary to the will of the Father. Now I could see why I pray. So I will learn to ask for that which is according to the will of the Father. The Holy Spirit will guide me in what I will ask. The more I pray the more I learn to know what is according to the Father's will. I become one in purpose. It has allowed me to accept his will as I pray for it. Even when that means people are not healed when I wish with all my heart they would be. As I read this verse in Isaiah I see after the second coming I will be in such tune with the Spirit that I ask as it is being given to me. That is because all I want is the Father's will.



Day 1319

No comments:

Post a Comment