Wednesday, November 7, 2018

Today's Favorite Verse: Isaiah 66:3

Today's Favorite Verse: Isaiah 66:3
"He that killeth an ox is as if he slew a man; he that sacrificeth a lamb, as if he cut off a dog's neck; he that offereth an oblation, as if he offered swine's blood; he that burneth incense, as if he blessed an idol. Yea, they have chosen their own ways, and their soul delighteth in their abominations.
I also will choose their delusions, and will bring their fears upon them; because when I called, none did answer; when I spake, they did not hear: but they did evil before mine eyes, and chose that in which I delighted not."

I had to ponder on this a while. I think what it means is that the wicked can delude themselves into thinking if they do what appears righteous it will make them so, even if they continue to sin. Instead it will be counted against them. The Lord knows if we listened to his voice or not. He knows when we have our own agenda.



Day 1320


No comments:

Post a Comment