Sunday, November 11, 2018

Today's Favorite Verse: Jeremiah 4:22

Today's Favorite Verse: Jeremiah 4:22
"For my people is foolish, they have not known me; they are sottish children, and they have none understanding: they are wise to do evil, but to do good they have no knowledge."

New word that I had to look up. I had no idea what sottish meant. This is what I found.

Sottish = drunk, foolish, stupid, senseless, without knowledge, dumb, thick, unwise.
Urban Dictionary
1. Lowered to a stupid, silly, foolish, and childish level by some kind of drink.  Can also signify contempt.
2. Stupified or intoxicated by something false and dangerous to the point where they put themselves in grave danger.
3. Someone who drinks like a fish
The preacher and his congregation were made sottish with all of the false doctrines in the Christian church today.
That sottish man is really tempting fate with trying to wake up that fire-breathing dragon.

It seems that some outside means or influence is causing them to be sottish. I found it really interesting the sentence example of false doctrine. As I pondered on I first thought how they had no knowledge of doing good. I made me think of how important it is to have home-centered gospel learning. This is a role of a parent to raise a child in the path he should go. Then after all we can do it is up to the individual to develop a person relationship with the Lord. For the root of the issue if the person does not really know the Lord.



Day 1324


No comments:

Post a Comment