Sunday, July 1, 2018

Today's Favorite Verse: Psalms 138:2

Today's Favorite Verse: Psalms 138:2
"I will worship toward thy holy temple, and praise thy name for thy lovingkindness and for thy truth: for thou hast magnified thy word above all thy name."

This made me ponder on facing the temple. I thought about my physical location to it while studying the scriptures and saying my prayers. Neither of them face the temple. I thought about how I might possibly rearrange things in my home to face towards the temple. If I was to do this I still wouldn't see it. It's a few miles away and the trees all block my view. If my home was gazing over the temple it would be worth every effort to just sit and look upon that lovely view. What value is it to face something I cannot see? I thought of how many different temples there are in the world today. How would anyone know what direction to face? I knew I was thinking a little crazy here. So what does it mean to "worship toward thy holy temple"?

Then my eyes opened up and I knew it meant that my worship needs to lead me towards the temple. It matter not my physical alignment facing towards it. It was where my heart was. Was my worship taking me there? Am I on the covenant path that is leading me towards Christ and his holy temple. I could sit and look upon the temple all day long and have it do absolutely nothing for me. It is my actions and desires of my heart that lead me there.

Washington, D.C. Temple

Day 1191

No comments:

Post a Comment