Saturday, July 14, 2018

Today's Favorite Verse: Proverbs 1:4, 22, 32-33

Today's Favorite Verse: Proverbs 1:4, 22, 32-33
"To give subtilty to the simple, to the young man knowledge and discretion.
How long, ye simple ones, will ye love simplicity? and the scorners delight in their scorning, and fools hate knowledge?
For the turning away of the simple shall slay them, and the prosperity of fools shall destroy them.
But whoso hearkeneth unto me shall dwell safely, and shall be quiet from fear of evil.

The word simple jumped out to me in the chapter. Here is the wisdom of Solomon and he uses a word that has been ringing in my ears. I must keep things simple and basic. The simplicity of the gospel is where I need to focus. The greatest of all principles to learn is the primary answer of faith. It is the key to everything. There is beauty in the simple and the plain. To be simple becomes knowledge and to learn great wisdom. I need to look and love like a simple child, and walk in faith.

"The law of the Lord is perfect, converting the soul: the testimony of the Lord is sure, making wise the simple."
(Psalm 19:7)



Day 1204


No comments:

Post a Comment