Monday, July 30, 2018

Today's Favorite Verse: Proverbs 17:5, 24

Today's Favorite Verse: Proverbs 17:5, 24
"Whoso mocketh the poor reproacheth his Maker: and he that is glad at calamities shall not be unpunished.
Wisdom is before him that hath understanding; but the eyes of a fool are in the ends of the earth."

These verses made me think of those that claim themselves to be righteous, but want the Lord's second coming and the end of the world to happen now. They want the wicked to be punished. Just hurry up the calamities that will wipe them out. 

I have often reflected on the words of Mormon. How as he witnessed the end of his civilization he spoke on the need of faith, hope, and charity. Having love, and compassion for my fellow-man. That includes those that are poor in the knowledge of the Lord, and need to have the opportunity to repent. I do not wish their end. I feel sorrow for them. I pray that I can do my part, however small, to help them come to the Lord. For this I will be free from the sins of this generation.

In a way I need to be like Abraham and say "Wilt thou also destroy the righteous with the wicked?" (Genesis 18:23) Then work with all my might to make sure those that can be redeemed have time to be saved. There is still much work to do, and wanting it to end or be destroyed before its time, is saying I want the Lord's work to end. It would mean "Because, I am saved it matters not about my brother." Such thought shows no understanding of the ways of the Lord. It is foolishness.

"But charity is the pure love of Christ, and it endureth forever; and whoso is found possessed of it at the last days, it shall be well with him." (Moroni 7:47)



Day 1220

No comments:

Post a Comment