Tuesday, July 31, 2018

Today's Favorite Verse: Proverbs 18:19

Today's Favorite Verse: Proverbs 18:19
"A brother offended is harder to be won than a strong city: and their contentions are like the bars of a castle."

When I read this one I thought "What is the answer to resolving this?" In all of Solomon's wisdom he didn't have the answer. So I pondered on that. I see this now as just a statement of fact. It is a hard battle to overcome someone being offended. Often when you try to resolve things they just turn around and find something else to be offended over? What is to be done? I think wisdom comes when I simply accept they are offended. Do what I can to resolve anything done on my part that caused it. Then allow them to be offended if that is what they truly want to be. It is their choice after all. All I can do in the end is not let them destroy my peace over the matter. Leave the olive branch extended if they ever want to accept it.




Day 1221


No comments:

Post a Comment