Sunday, July 15, 2018

Today's Favorite Verse: Proverbs 2:10-11

Today's Favorite Verse: Proverbs 2:10-11
"When wisdom entereth into thine heart, and knowledge is pleasant unto thy soul;
Discretion shall preserve thee, understanding shall keep thee;

This and the verses that follow it, really speak to me. I have had to learn wisdom in order to reside peacefully with someone on a very crooked path. Discretion preserves me, allowing the spirit to remain with me, and not destroy my peace. There is wisdom in knowing who and what you are dealing with. It reminds me of young Mormon at the end of the Book of Mormon.

"And I did endeavor to preach unto this people, but my mouth was shut, and I was forbidden that I should preach unto them; for behold they had wilfully rebelled against their God; and the beloved disciples were taken away out of the land, because of iniquity.
And it came to pass that there were sorceries, and witchcrafts, and magics; and the power of the evil one was wrought upon all the face of the land, even unto the fulfilling of all the words of Abinadi, and also Samuel the Lamanite."
(Mormon 1:16, 19)



Day 1205

No comments:

Post a Comment