Saturday, July 28, 2018

Today's Favorite Verse: Proverbs 15:1

Today's Favorite Verse: Proverbs 15:1
"A soft answer turneth away wrath: but grievous words stir up anger."

I know this is so true, but its so hard for me to do. I have to laugh at an argument my son and I had. He does not like any change, and there is only a small window of opportunity in which you can make any. That window of opportunity opened while doing repairs in his room. However, he said he would make this other change later. Well after 12 years of him saying that to my suggestion I finally insisted. We got to yelling at each other, until we were screaming at each other. As if volume somehow made our point clearer. Then we looked at each other and realized that wouldn't solve anything. So we sat at the end of his bed and calmly discussed the reasons and benefits of the change. He finally saw it. So we made a very simple change and it worked. He tells me often how grateful he is for this change, how much better it is in his room. We laugh each times he says that, remembering how heated the argument had become. We both learned a great lesson that day. Now if I can just continue to do it.



Day 1218

No comments:

Post a Comment