Thursday, July 26, 2018

Today's Favorite Verse: Proverbs 13:25

Today's Favorite Verse: Proverbs 13:25
"The righteous eatheth to the satisfying of his soul: but the belly of the wicked shall want."

I had one of those early morning scripture reading session where I was lead to ponder on stiffneckedness. This verse reminded me of this.

"Wo unto you poor men, whose hearts are not broken, whose spirits are not contrite, and whose bellies are not satisfied, and whose hands are not stayed from laying hold upon other men's goods, whose eyes are full of greediness, and who will not labor with your own hands!"
(Doctrine and Covenants 56:17)

It is so true that the wicked are never satisfied. They obtain one thing and then are onto the next thing they feel they deserve. It is only when you are feast upon righteousness the soul is finally satisfied. I found an amazing result from daily scripture reading. I no longer had the list of things I wanted to buy. I realized it was a direct result of feeding my soul and I was satisfied with what I had. The list of material wants was gone, and replaced with something better.



Day 1216

No comments:

Post a Comment