Thursday, July 19, 2018

Today's Favorite Verse: Proverbs 6:6-9

Today's Favorite Verse: Proverbs 6:6-9
"Go to the ant, thou sluggard; consider her ways, and be wise:
Which having no guide, overseer, or ruler,
Provideth her meat in the summer, and gathereth her food in the harvest.
How long wilt thou sleep, O sluggard? when wilt thou arise out of thy sleep?

This made me think of Aesop's fable "The Ant and the Grasshopper". In the context of the gospel I am the ant.

The footnote on ant refers to Proverbs 30:25
"The ants are a people not strong, yet they prepare their meat in the summer;"

Not strong as being weak, but humble unto the Lord, and only made strong though him.

"And if men come unto me I will show unto them their weaknesses. I give unto men weakness that they may be humble; and my grace is sufficient for all men that humble themselves before me; for it they humble themselves before me, and have faith in me, then will I make weak things become strong unto them."
(Ether 12:27)

It made me ponder on how the ant prepares during the summer and gathers during the harvest. I actually have some hidden ants in my computer room. I have noticed how one drop of food and the ants come from out of no where to claim it for their supplies. Silently them come and go. I have no idea what makes them know food is there when a minute ago it wasn't. I was getting mad at them at first. Now I have actually found their actions rather fascinating. It has made me ponder on being guided by the spirit, and preparing needful things. Am I a spirit ant or a grasshopper? I don't want to be found slumbering while the Lord's harvest is happening. Today is the day to prepare every needful thing.



Day 1209

No comments:

Post a Comment