Saturday, December 16, 2017

Today's Favorite Verse: Nehemiah 6:2-3

Today's Favorite Verse: Nehemiah 6:2-3
"That Sanballat and Geshem sent unto me, saying, Come, let us meet together in some one of the villages in the plain of Ono. But they thought to do me mischief.
And I sent messengers unto them, saying, I am doing a great work, so that I cannot come down: why should the work cease, whilst I leave it, and come down to you?"

What a blessing to have the spirit to always be with you. I can see that the prophet Nehemiah was able to discern that these people wanted to stop the work on the temple walls, they wanted to get him into an argument and distract from the important work at hand. It made me think about the Book of Mormon musical that is offense to my faith. Yet the leaders of the church have wisely dealt with it. Let it alone and not have it stop the work we are about, sharing the gospel. They even placed an ad in the musical playbill saying "You've seen the play, now read the book." I have found great peace in my life when I don't worry about others impression of me, I have no desire to correct them. By my fruits people will know my heart.


Day 994

No comments:

Post a Comment