Saturday, December 30, 2017

Today's Favorite Verse: Esther 7:4

Today's Favorite Verse: Esther 7:4
"For we are sold, I and my people, to be destroyed, to be slain, and to perish. But if we had been sold for bondmen and bondwomen, I had held my tongue, although the enemy could not countervail the king's damage."

although - HEB for that would not have damaged the king's interests.

I pondered on the great courage and wisdom it took for Esther to hold her tongue, and then loose it as being led by the spirit. For it is wisdom in deed to know when to use your tongue.

This reminded me of Jesus Christ's example of holding his peace and then testifying when the time was right.

"And the high priest stood up in the midst, and asked Jesus, saying, Answerest thou nothing? what is it which these witness against thee?
But he held his peace, and answered nothing. Again the high priest asked him, and said unto him, Art thou the Christ, the Son of the Blessed?
And Jesus said, I am: and ye shall see the Son of man sitting on the right hand of power, and coming in the clouds of heaven."
(Mark 14:60-62)

I also though of when Joseph Smith was told to hold his peace after experiencing the loss of the 116 page manuscript of the Book of Mormon.

"But as you cannot always judge the righteous, or as you cannot always tell the wicked from the righteous, therefore I say unto you, hold your peace until I shall see fit to make all things known unto the world concerning the matter."
(Doctrine & Covenants 10:37)

It is through the spirit that I know when to speak and when to remain silent.


Day 1008

No comments:

Post a Comment