Saturday, December 23, 2017

Today's Favorite Verse: Nehemiah 13:22

Today's Favorite Verse: Nehemiah 13:22
"And I commanded the Levites that they should cleanse themselves, and that they should come and keep the gates, to sanctify the sabbath day. Remember me, O my God, concerning this also, and spare me according to the greatness of thy mercy."

This made me reflect on all that I do in preparation for the sabbath day, and to keep it holy. How important keeping the gates is to this day. For it is an effort to keep the world out. As I have tried to make all that I do on this day be a sign to God, that I love him, it has been a tender and sweet day to me. I learn so much as I ponder the scriptures on the sabbath day. It is the best day of the week, and my soul is filled. It makes me strong enough to face the remainder of my week. It often makes me think of Mary and Martha. How Martha was cumbered about with much serving, while Mary sat at the feet of Jesus and heard his words. Martha asked the Lord to bid her help.

"And Jesus answered and said unto her, Martha, Martha, thou art careful and troubled about many things:
But one thing is needful: and Mary hath chosen the good part, which shall not be taken away from her."
(Luke 10-41-42)

On the sabbath day I sit at the feet of Jesus and listen to his words. I keep the gates to shut the world and its cares out. I am promised if I continue to do so it shall not be taken away from me. That is very important to me.


Day 1001

No comments:

Post a Comment