Friday, December 1, 2017

Today's Favorite Verse: Ezra 1:2-3

Today's Favorite Verse: Ezra 1:2-3
"Thus saith Cyrus king of Persia, The Lord God of heaven hath given me all the kingdoms of the earth; and he hath charge me to build him an house at Jerusalem, which is in Judah.
Who is there among you of all his people? his God be with him, and let him go up to Jerusalem, which is in Judah, and build the house of the Lord God of Israel, (he is the God,) which is in Jerusalem."

I did some pondering on Cyrus and why someone that was not Jewish would receive a charge to build a temple in Jerusalem, liberating the Jews from captivity to do so? He must have been a good man capable of listening to the light of Christ within.

"...the Lord stirred up the spirit of Cyrus king of Persia..." (verse 1)

I found this quote by President Henry B. Eyring from the Oct 2010 conference talk "Trust in God, Then Go and Do".

"I have come to know that we can trust God to fulfill the promise of Alma that"behold, the Lord doth grant unto all nations, of their own nation and tongue, to teach his word, yea, in wisdom, all that he seeth fit that the should have".

God does not rule in nations, but He is mindful of them. He can and does place people in positions of influence who want what is best for the people and who trust in the Lord."

The more I pondered on this situation I could see it possible for a president of some nation, even mine, to one day help Jews that are still scattered to return home to Jerusalem and build their temple. Even giving them treasures to build it. A modern day Cyrus. My feelings turned from why to why not? This is something the Lord would do. I love how President Eyring says "God does not rule in nations, but He is mindful of them". I really pondered on that. Actually made me feel a little better about my changed feelings on politics and now much attention I give to it. I now give far more attention to the Lord. I know the leaders of our nations are exactly what the Lord feels we as a people deserve.


Day 979

No comments:

Post a Comment