Thursday, December 28, 2017

Today's Favorite Verse: Esther 5:3

Today's Favorite Verse: Esther 5:3
"Then said the king unto her, What wilt thou, queen Esther? and what is thy request? it shall be even given thee to the half of the kingdom."

The part "given thee to the half of the kingdom" made me search where else I had seen that offered.

King Herod said it to the daughter of Herodias, who danced before him.

"And he sware unto her, Whatsoever thou shalt ask of me, I will give it thee, unto the half of my kingdom."
(Mark 6:23)

Ammon meets the father of king Lamoni, who was king over all the land. When the king realized Ammon could slay him, he offered him even half his kingdom.

"Now the king, fearing he should lose his life, said: If thou wilt spare me I will grant unto thee whatsoever thou wilt ask, even to half of the kingdom."
(Alma 20:23)

It is interesting that a worldly king will offer up to half his kingdom. To give all he would no longer be a king. Yet, the Lord is a joint heir of all of that the Father has, and we can be join heirs also. We don't get a portion we receive all.

"And he that receiveth my Father receiveth my Father's kingdom; therefore all that my Father hath shall be given unto him."
(Doctrine and Covenants 84:38)

I pondered on what an amazing attitude and heart one would have to have in order to be a joint heir and not try to claim ownership of a portion that the Father has. One would truly have to posses charity, the pure love of Christ. You would have to totally be able to live the law of consecration.

"To dedicate, to make holy, or to become righteous. The law of consecration is a divine principle whereby men and women voluntarily dedicate their time, talents, and material wealth to the establishment and building up of God's kingdom."

There has been times when the Lord's people have lived united with all things in common, and its never lasted. One doesn't need to live in a time when it's practiced to live that law. In fact I think its a higher law to live without being compelled to do so. Only a person's heart would know where they stand in this matter. It could only be done with the pure love of Christ.


Day 1006

No comments:

Post a Comment