Sunday, December 3, 2017

Today's Favorite Verse: Ezra 3:5

Today's Favorite Verse: Ezra 3:5
"And afterward offered the continual burnt offerings, both of the new moons, and of all the set feasts of the Lord that were consecrated, and of every one that willingly offered a freewill offering unto the Lord."

As I sat here tonight at the end of my fast reading my scriptures, this verse made me remember there was a new moon out tonight. It was a supermoon and the biggest full moon of the year. For some reason I never remember to go look when there is something special happening in the heavens at night. I had such a powerful feeling to stop reading and go look at that moon. My husband had told me this morning that with the storms today we might not be able to see it. I debated with myself if I should go look or stay the course and finish reading this small chapter first. Nope, get up go look, so I did.

It was amazing and I was so grateful the clouds were not covering it up. I took some time to gaze upon it and think of the people in that same verse looking upon such as moon as this. How amazing this supermoon is also on a fast day where fast offerings have been freely given. I realized I didn't have my camera so I went to go get it to take a picture of that beautiful moon. I came back and the moon was gone, the clouds that were lovingly framing it had now overshadowed it.

This caused me to ponder on my day of fast and how three times I had received impressions of the spirit. The first time I out thought the promptings of the spirit and ended up at church with a car and no keys. The error made me laugh at my foolishness for out thinking that prompting. The next prompting I followed through with immediately and I hope the other person felt my love for them. And tonight I was prompted to go look at the moon at the very moment it was there. I am learning that spiritual impressions need to be acted upon in the moment. The timing is the Lord's and if I listen and obey there are amazing sights to behold.


Day 981

No comments:

Post a Comment