Tuesday, December 12, 2017

Today's Favorite Verse: Nehemiah 2:2-3

Today's Favorite Verse: Nehemiah 2:2-3
"Wherefore the king said unto me, Why is thy countenance sad, seeing thou art not sick? there is nothing else but sorrow of heart. Then I was very sore afraid,
And said unto the king, Let the king live for ever: why should not my countenance be sad, when the city, the place of my fathers' sepulchres, lieth waste, and the gates thereof are consumed with fire?"

I pondered on how true sorrow softened the heart of a king. It made me think of things that have been sorrowful in the past year. The trials and suffering that people have gone through. How many opportunities were there for others to lift and serve them? How many hearts have been softened because of them?  I remembered a quote from a friend after the hurricane in Texas. "This flood didn't change my life. It was the kindness of others that did". That is a softened heart.


Day 990

No comments:

Post a Comment